Position Senior Software Developer
Position Type Full-time
Qualification B.E. (Or equivalent graduation) at minimum
Position Summary • A Senior Software Engineer, is an individual contributor responsible for delivery, design and development. SSE will be involved in research, design, test, implement and maintain software systems to meet client or employer needs. An SSE should be able to work independently and take ownership of deliverables
• The position works closely with in-house team & Client Team (abroad). Should be flexible to overlap work timings with UK time zones, as needed.
• Work independently & demonstrate complete end to end ownership of performing research, analysis, code & test software components / modules, with complete ownership end to end.
• Maintain current systems by monitoring, identifying & fixing defects
• Investigating new technologies
• Writing end user specific and technical documentation containing flow charts, matrix etc.
• Develop moderately complex algorithms
• Working with other workstreams such as Dev, QA, Customer team, IT etc. for Knowledge transition, requirements clarifications etc. with predefined communication guidelines
• Mentor juniors in the team.
• Consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information
• Be able to participate in estimating low complexity projects with minimal directions.
• Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, experimenting self, reading manuals and accessing new applications
• Flexible enough to adjust to the change in work / technology / Team / etc
• Taking administrative responsibilities apart from day to day work like assistance in recruitment and training
• Low level design & Code that adheres to functional specifications, design & coding guidelines
• Different solution options for specific requirements / problem statements.
• Effort estimations for low / medium complex modules.
• End user specific & technical documentations
• Any other tasks as assigned by Reporting Manager
• Adherence to Information Security Management policies and guidelines
Domain Expertise / Skills required • Proficiency in Analytical skills,
Good to have:
• Experience generating reports and dashboards
• Experience of Charting libraries (e.g ChartJS, HighCharts, D3JS, GoogleCharts etc)
• Experience with caching using Redis or Memcached.
• Experience writing queries against a data warehouse / star schema
• Experience working with larger data sets
• Experience in Mentoring junior team members, work estimations & planning.