Economics Teacher in One of the prestigious IB School
The Economics teacher will be responsible for teaching Economics in Key Stage 4 & 5 (age group 14-18). The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher and a postgraduate in Economics from a reputed University. The incumbent should have experience of teaching in an international school offering the IGCSE/IB curriculum. A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience (with secondary students) in reputed schools is desirable. The candidate should have excellent spoken and written English.
1.Teachers create a warm fostering environment in the classroom that facilitates learning.
2.Teachers help impart knowledge to their students as per the defined curriculum.
3.Teachers mentor and nurture students and role model desirable progressive social attitudes and behaviour.
4.Teachers work closely with other teachers in their Curriculum Area, their Assistant Curriculum and Curriculum 5.Leaders, Key Stage Leaders and other the school leadership to ensure optimal student learning and teaching.
Key Accountabilities :
Planning and preparing for students learning:
1. Plan appropriately using knowledge and understanding of School Context.
2. Keep abreast of contemporary pedagogical approaches and work to implement best practice.
3. Possess appropriate content knowledge.
4. Have an understanding of students’ needs and abilities and design appropriate learning experiences.
5. Identify appropriate learning outcomes for students.
6. Plan and implement effective assessment for/of learning which enhances outcomes for students.
Creating an effective learning environment:
1.Create a respectful classroom environment.
2. Establish an effective rapport with students and colleagues.
3.Establish a culture for learning.
4.Establish and maintain effective classroom management.
5.Manage individual student behaviour.
6.Manage physical space.
7. Support students socially, emotionally and academically.
8.Reinforce and reward positive behaviours. Teaching and learning:
10.Use effective questioning and discussion techniques.